I have attended some classes at Western Kentucky University in Bowling Green, KY prior to moving to the Paducah, Kentucky area. I attended Murray State University on an Art Honors Scholarship while still in high school (Murray High School ) then later attended Murray State University . I had the opportunity to work all around the United States in the creative world of Advertising, Graphic Arts, Graphic Design, Creative Director, Television Writing and Production, Television Co-hosting, Promotions Director, and Marketing, all the while honing my artistic abilities.
In this life I have been fortunate to meet people from all walks of life and tried to learn something from each of them (and myself) and bring a bit of that into my diverse subjects in painting and drawing.
Now I feel my life has made a full circle back to Kentucky where I was born after living in TN, IN, NC and LA. I am finally home after my life's journey. I am blessed to have a wonderful son.
Awards and Honors:
• 1985, 1986 Art Honors Program Scholarship, Murray State University via the Creative Arts division of the Murray Women’s Club
• 1986 Murray Woman’s Club, Regional Art Competition- 1st place in Oil pastels and Watercolors
• 1986 KHEA All-State High School Art Exhibition , 1st Place Pastel (Conte’ Chalks)
• 1986 Murray Woman’s Club, District Art Competition 1st place watercolor
• 1986 State Art Contest Sponsored by Kentucky Federation of Women’s Clubs in Lexington , KY , 1st place watercolor
• 1985, 86 USNAA ( United States National Art Awards) Member
• 1987 McGavock High School , Nashville , TN - regional runner up for a written essay
• 1992 Phi Eta Sigma Freshman Honor Society – April, 1992
• 1993 Alpha Chi National College Honor Scholarship Society - February, 1993
• 1993 Named Outstanding Graphic Arts Junior at Murray State University by peers
• 1996 Artwork Award, Fort Campbell ’s Officer’s Club/Officer’s Wives Club Volunteer Recognition, Fort Campbell , KY
• 2002, 2003 82nd Airborne Division Volunteer Recognition, Fort Bragg , NC
• 2005 Fort Polk Arts and Crafts Contest, Fort Polk, La - 1st place and honorable mention in water base, 1st place and honorable mention in drawing.
• Featured Artist, Rapides Regional Medical Center, Alexandria, LA, March 2006
• Featured Artist, Christus St. Frances Cabrini Hopsital, Alexandria, LA, April 2006
• Artwork selected by Arts Council of Central Louisiana, Arts & Healthcare, for national touring exhibition, April 2006 - April 2007
• June 2006, Harnett County Arts Council Art Show and Sale, Taylor Bott Rogers Fine Arts Building, Campbell University, Buies Creek, NC
• August 4-31, 2006, Campbell House Galleries, 482 E. Connecticut Ave., Southern Pines, NC
• October 26-November 5 2006, Fayetteville Academy Fine Arts Center, An Art Affair-show and sale, Fayetteville, NC
• Fayetteville/Cumberland County Public Works Exhibit 2007
• June 22- September 15th 2007, Fayetteville/Cumberland County Arts Council's Annual Art Exhibit
• July 24-current Harnett County Arts Council Gallery, Lillington, NC
NOAPS (National Oil and Acrylic Painters' Society)
ISAP-USA (International Society of Acrylic Painters)
Hope Mills Chamber of Commerce
Harnett County Arts Council, Inc.
Fayetteville Art Guild
Fayetteville/Cumberland County Arts Council
© 2006 Krysta Kaye